So this app is very similar to the iBotta and Checkout 51 (click on either for my small post about each app), but what sets this app apart is that you get rebates when you shop online stores. It works pretty much the same as the other apps I mentioned so I won’t go into a ton of details. But I will tell you what I love and don’t love about this app.
What I love:
- Variety. There are over 2,000 stores to chose from. And the cool thing is that you probably already shop many of them anyway (JCPenny, Kohl’s, Home Depot, Overstock.com, Walmart, Groupon, etc).
- Hastle free. No forms to fill out or points to redeem. All you do is shop through the app and earn cash back. Just browse through all the deals and when you click “Shop” you immediately activate the cash back rebate.
- An instant $10 bonus when you complete your first purchase using Ebates.
- It’s free to sign up and download the app.
- You can earn up to 40% off of deals
- If you invite 2 friends and they join, you get rewarded with $50.
What I don’t love:
- You do end up giving away a lot of personal information (shopping behavior, credit info, location, etc) to the company. But I guess they collect a lot of that info through our phones already, right Uncle Sam?
- The cash back rewards aren’t as high as I expected.
All in all, I say this app is worth a try. Especially if you are an online shopper or use your phone to shop often.